Located on the near west side of Milwaukee, Stack41 manages the network and services for Data Holdings, a state-of-the-art, Tier III Enhanced, carrier neutral data center. Commissioned in 2014, and purpose-built, this greenfield facility brings mission-critical technology, security, reliability and affordability to Wisconsin and Northern Illinois via Stack41.
Milwaukee Data Center
• 3 miles west of Downtown Milwaukee
• 93 miles north of Chicago
• 100 miles south of Appleton
• 110 miles south of Green Bay
Two-story, 46,000 sq ft hardened building
10MW of 2N (active-active) power
Carrier neutral connectivity
Stack41 delivers a comprehensive suite of data center services for our Midwest clients. Our offerings aren’t necessarily what you might expect.
- Aggressive 1.28 Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) rating to minimize operational costs
- Rack power density up to 30kW per cabinet (in consecutive cabinets) enabling customers to plan long-term for any dense storage or virtualization technology advances
- 100% 2N (concurrent), route diverse power feeds from the utility to the data center floor
- Additional power source (emergency power generator) should both utility legs fail
Systems & Compliance:
- Carrier neutral connectivity served by multiple terrestrial and microwave carriers
- Tier III+ design allows all critical systems to be maintained while normal operations continue at all times
- Built as designed for use as a primary data center or disaster recovery site
- Best-of-breed technologies and sophisticated physical security
- On-site, trained professional staff 24x7x365
- Security entrance gate and perimeter fence around the entire property
- Two-story, 46,000 SF hardened building
- Strict data center design – not a repurposed building
- LEED Gold certification
- Stable environment with little to no seismic activity, flooding, or extreme temperatures
- Located 93 miles from Chicago, the facility is a perfect watershed location for Wisconsin businesses, and disaster recovery data center for businesses in Greater Chicago.
As the investor in Data Holdings, the Potawatomi Development Corporation (PBDC) and the facility designers deliberately set out to differentiate this Milwaukee data center from anything else in Wisconsin.